About the Deal
This deal from Groupon caught our eye at MiiDeals Philadelphia.
Hotel at a Glance: Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast
Centrally located in Lancaster County’s Dutch Country, the Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast lives up to its name, a Spanish phrases that translates to “beautiful view.” The quaint inn’s large lawn is bedecked with stately trees and a brick patio, all set along a quiet street. Wake up each morning to a full country-style breakfast, or take in the view from the porch swing.
- Stretch out in your spacious room. Each is individually decorated with tasteful Victorian touches.
- Break bread with the Amish: The bed and breakfast can arrange for guests to share dinner with a local Amish family.
- This B&B dates back to: 1912.
- Nearby activities: Visit the area’s many flea markets, or head to Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum, which preserves the history of local German immigrants, who first settled in the area in the 1700s.
- Modern comforts: The vibe may be quaint, but you’ll still have access to free WiFi.
- Nearby attractions: Grab at a handful of restaurants located less than a mile away, or go for a walk at the nearby Loyd H. Roland Memorial Park.
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania: Crossroads of Amish Culture and German Heritage
Lancaster County sits in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. A number of Amish familiesâ€”many of them descendants of the German immigrants who settled in the region in the 18th and 19th centuriesâ€”still farm the land here, living and working by the same timeless principles and unadorned methods they’ve been using for generations. On a drive through the area, you’ll see covered bridges spanning the Conestoga River and probably share the road with a horse-drawn buggy or two. At stops such as Kitchen Kettle Village, you can watch experts canning jellies, jams, and relishes and sample homemade baked goods.
To tour the countryside in style, take a ride aboard a coal-burning steam locomotive on the Strasburg Rail Road. As the train chugs past farmers tending fields and cattle grazing on hay and strudel, parlor-car attendants serve cocktails and snacks to passengers in the dining car or in first class. Across the street from the station in Strasburg, the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania chronicles the history of the track via rotating exhibits and more than 100 locomotives and railcars.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.
Grab this deal brought to you by MiiDeals Philadelphia and enjoy the savings.
Terms & Conditions:
Must book by 4/5/18 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 4/6/18. May buy multiple. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability; contact Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast at (717) 859-4227 for specific availability. 6-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies. Must be 21 or older to check in. Credit card required at booking and check-in. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Not valid with reward points. 7.1% tax not included.